Functional Inks, LLC develops and manufactures industrial printing inks for Plastic, Metal, Glass, and Packaging film. The company is primarily focused on the development and manufacture of screen and flexo printed UV and solvent based inks.
In 2014, the company was formed to manufacture custom screen printing inks used to decorate plastic and composite parts. Now we have standard UV and solvent based inks for direct screen printing on plastic, glass and metal.
Ready for testing and soon to market are:
- PhotoPlast Series 2600 UV curable and solvent based screen inks for engineering plastics like Polycarbonate, ABS, PS, HIPS, and Acrylic.
- 1-part epoxy screen ink for glass and painted metal that requires a post bake.
- Nestle compliant UV/EB OPV for packaging film used in the food industry
- Nearly ready for testing:
- UV ink for glass
- UV ink for Aluminum
- UV ink for Stainless Steel
- Future Inks:
- UV 4-color process inks for Flexo and Screen Printing
- UV Screen printing inks for in-mold decorating